Wednesday 6 August 2008

Can old friends become new friends?

I’ve been feeling a bit blue since the weekend, and haven’t been able to motivate myself to get back online.

Meet up with S. and R. at the weekend, it was so amazing to see them again and I had a fabulous time but once again it was a bit of a struggle to move on, conversation wise, from “great times that were” to trying to talk about our lives now. I mean don’t get me wrong, reminiscing is all well and good but I want to try and build and strengthen these friendships and you can’t do that if all you have to talk about with each other is a shared past, otherwise you have one of those friendships that only meet up every couple of years to have the same conversation over and over again about ‘remember when…’ I think we started to make headway in the end and by the end of the weekend definitely felt that we were beginning to lay down the foundation for building a friendship that was based in the present as opposed to the past.

So I’ve been feeling a little blue, which is strange as things are looking up, only 8 days left at work, 15 days till my holiday of a lifetime to China, one month until I start uni and get to feed my intellectual and hopefully meet some new and interesting people and start engaging again. I’ve had a few men hit on me, a few who were reasonably cute too! But I think I’ve got a bit of the blues, to make it worse, I haven’t been the gym so far this week as I keep making excuses and that is making me feel bad.

Ho Hum, guess I’m just having in a bit of a soul funk, hopefully it will work itself out soon.

No comments: