Thursday 31 July 2008

Girlfriend?

I’m getting a flashback – remembering being at work and one of my co-workers asking me if I wanted to read one of their poems (I mean really how do you say no to that) I dutifully did and it was fine, nothing more nothing less, but everyone else was heaping praise on it. And let me share with you right now that most of the time they were smirking about her behind her back calling her stuck up and a slut – which we all knows means they were desperately jealous and trying to get into her pants themselves. From this please correctly infer that I mainly worked with males.

And I just sat there and though this is a girl, a lovely girl, but a girl one the less with a very high opinion of herself and frankly this poem does not need to be praise nor her ego flattered anymore. So I quietly put it down and walked away.

Doe that make me a bitch? Because I didn'y want to rave about how fabulous it was, or does that make me a heterosexual woman or a green eyed monster. Or all of these things?

No comments: